Sunday, April 13, 2008

The Encyclopaedia Titannica

Above is the original title I wanted for my TNT guidebook back in high school. It was a massive project which required a lot of drawing, writing, printing and pasting up. Back then, all I had was an old Apple IIc, a dot matrix printer, a cutter, scotch tape and fixative spray.

My very good friend, Chris Bernardo, drew many great illustrations for this project. I created his hero, CAPTAIN CHRIS, for a major storyline in the future.

Here's the front page he drew for THE TITANNICA. Notice my crude paste up job of the masthead. That's old school, baby!


And the full kick-ass cover! Click to enlarge. Woohoo, Chris did a bang-up job on this!

3 comments:

Gerry Alanguilan said...

Old school rocks! :D

Chris said...

I agree. :)

monsanto said...

High School days? Nice itong art na ito!